Understanding Conflict of Laws
480 pp $53.00
This Understanding treatise provides authoritative and comprehensive explanations of major theories and leading cases covered in Conflict of Laws courses.
The new fourth edition of Understanding Conflict of Laws include the following highlights:
- Comprehensive treatment of the U.S. Supreme Court's recent personal jurisdiction decisions in J. McIntyre Machinery Ltd. v. Nicastro and Goodyear Dunlop Tires Operations, S.A. v. Brown, and updated material on jurisdiction in cyberspace.
- Discussion of recent choice-of-law cases, choice-of-law codification efforts, and new developments relating to the Erie doctrine.
- Updated discussions of conflict-of-laws issues surrounding same-sex marriage and the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act.
- Substantially expanded coverage of international conflict-of-laws issues, including forum non conveniens, recognition and enforcement of foreign country judgments, the Hague Service Convention, the Convention on Choice of Court Agreements, the U.N. Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards, the Convention on the International Recovery of Child Support and Other Forms of Family Maintenance, the Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, and the Convention on Protection of Children and Cooperation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption.
- Other developments in conflict of laws since the third edition are reflected throughout the fourth edition.
The eBook version of this title features links to Lexis Advance for further legal research options.