It is estimated that there are over 25 million golfers in the United States alone. For all of these—whether they are twice-a-year players, weekly regulars, or golfing professionals—golf is more than just a game. It is often referred to as a journey of discovery—self-discovery, discovery of new places, and discovery of new friends. However, the journey is infinitely more rewarding when one understands the basic fundamentals of the game before starting off on the wrong path.
Whether you are just starting out or are a skilled golfer, Golf: The Fundamentals provides the essentials for improving your game and increasing your enjoyment. Written by two golf instructors, this book gives golfers technical directions and tips for staying on the path to success. It guides readers from the basics of the pre-swing fundamentals through understanding how to play the game.
- directions for selecting golf clubs so they fit your swing and physique;
- swing mechanics of the full swing;
- swing mechanics and club selection for the scoring shots around the green that make up the short game;
- tips for trouble shots to help you save strokes;
- drills and tips to help you get more out of your practice; and
- a user-friendly guide to the rules and etiquette of golf.
Whether you are thinking about learning to play, starting out, or just feel your current play could be improved, Golf: The Fundamentals has something for you. Throughout all the instruction and tips, the authors' love of the game clearly comes through as they lead the way to what they hope will be a lifetime of enjoyment.