Sexual Deviance Online
Research and Readings
Teacher's Manual available
202 pp $28.00
Sexual Deviance Online provides a research-based introduction to some of the lesser-known forms of sexual deviance taking place within an online environment. This is the first book to cover sexual deviance within Adult Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games (AMMORPGs), sugar dating, MSM, bug chasing, child pornography, and sexting in one publication. Sexual Deviance Online examines each of these topics through published research and/or the authors' own original research findings.
· Quinn & Forsyth provide the readers with a definition of sexual deviance online. They also explain how this concept has transformed with the evolution of the Internet. They provide several models of online sexual deviance.
· Dretsch & Dretsch introduce the readers to the practice of virtual sex within adult massively multiplayer online role-playing games (AMMORPGs). This chapter also covers the impact of cybersex on real life relationships, psychosexual behavior, and the psychology of anonymity.
· Lande covers the topic of child pornography, types of online offending behaviors, the harm of child pornography images, and concludes with an application of Finkelhor's Precondition Model.
· Stubbs-Richardson & May discuss the online sexual behaviors of adolescents through the application of their own original research findings. They conclude with theoretical explanations of online sexual activity.
· Moore covers sexting between adults and online sugar dating through the use of original research. He also discusses the implications of criminalizing sexting, as a form of manufactured child pornography.
· Denney & Tewksbury present research concerning the concept of bug chasing.
· Goodlin-Fahncke & Cheeseman use original research findings to explain the practice of men seeking men online.