The second edition of Branded: Branding in Sport Business examines significant brands associated with the sport industry. The brands profiled in this work identify successful practices that have been utilized in the business of sport to cultivate brand equity. The concept of branding is significant and has generated great interest in academic and professional circles. The notion of branding encompasses aspects such as collective images, messages, associations, and other characteristics associated with organizations, products, and people. The breadth of information presented in this work provides points of discussion and further examination pertaining to significant branding considerations impacting the sport industry.
Branded can serve as a stand-alone text or as a supplement in a variety of academic settings. To further enhance the information provided in this work, each chapter includes the following sections:
- The Line-Up — gives an overview of the company and the cases being addressed;
- Timeline — identifies relevant historical events and provides points of reference for significant points in the brands' history;
- The Final Score — critically examines industry perspectives and implications regarding the profiled brands;
- Post-Game Comments — identifies key concepts; and
- Learning Activity — offers opportunity for further theoretical explorations and are useful for facilitating class discussions.
- Web Resources — provide further background information for the brands being profiled.
"Recommended. Lower- and upper-division undergraduates; technical students; general readers." — CHOICE Magazine (on the first edition)
"For those looking for a broad range of great branding examples in sports, look no further. . . . From a teaching standpoint, Branded's introduction starts off strongly and provides a good basis for readers of all levels to know what branding is and what it is for. . . . It will not fail to leave its mark." — Journal of Product & Brand Management (on the first edition)