Fundamentals of Georgia Real Estate Law presents real estate terms and concepts in a manner that keeps students engaged in studying the material. A thorough discussion of legal principles is bolstered by practical applications and references to cases and statutes. Since real estate is governed primarily by state and local law, many instructors are forced to supplement their generic real estate textbooks with Georgia law and Georgia-specific handouts. This textbook does the job for you.
Below are the major changes in the second edition:
• Every chapter now features a more comprehensive review section, with the addition of practice-focused "Things to Remember and Best Practices".
• Key Terms and Review Questions have been updated for every chapter.
• The glossary has been updated.
• The zoning regulations exercise has been moved to Chapter 1 to get students thinking about real-world applications as early as possible.
• The authors moved closing attorney ethics to the Journey to Closing chapter to get students thinking about ethics earlier. Of course, ethics comes up again in the Real Estate Closings chapter.
• The HUD-1 chapter has been updated to focus on the Closing Disclosure and ALTA Settlement Statement, although we kept intact the manual calculations exercises as much as possible.
• Several cases and other exhibits throughout the book were updated.
• All parts of the Instructor's Manual has been updated. (Every chapter has its own set of updated PPT slides, a Teaching Ideas & Answers to Review Questions sheet, and answers to any practical exercises.)
To request a preview of teaching materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The full set of teaching materials (PowerPoints, teaching notes, etc. for all chapters) is available upon adoption.
Any university or college in Georgia who offers a fundamental Georgia real estate law should (must) use this textbook."
— Anthony W. Duva, Valdosta State University
How wonderful for Georgia educators to have such a useful, state-specific textbook. Professor Mooney's book is well organized, comprehensive, has a logical flow, and provides excellent examples exhibits, and practical exercises. Student will certainlystay engaged and will be well prepared to practice what they have learned."
— Dr. Joan H. Marler, Director, Paralegal Studies Program, Gainesville State College
I am a real estate closing paralegal and really like this book because it explains the reasons behind what we do in an actual closing attorney's office. I believe this book gives great insight into what it's really like to work in a Georgia real estate law firm."
— Jenn Rosa, Paralegal, Neel & Robinson Attorneys at Law
This book is an excellent resource for licensed real estate brokers and agents who want to improve their knowledge of the legal aspects of real estate transactions."
— Lauren S. Silberman, Realtor, Associate Broker
This book provides thorough coverage of advanced legal principles in a dynamic manner that is straightforward and easily accessible to students."
— Jennifer S. Cantor, J.D., Legal Studies Department Chair and Professor, Herzing University Atlanta